Wednesday 20 May 2020

Lesson for May 21 - Responsibilities and Duties

Firstly, Art 8!  I made a mistake in the four pictures I gave you that showed "something happened".  The first link was for a video about lighting at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival.  I meant to link you to Botticelli's "Birth of Venus".  The link is correct now!

Question of the Day:  What are your responsibilities and duties?  Mine are to take care of my sons and provide them with leadership, love and help in order that they become good, kind men who contribute to the world they live in.  I am responsible for Daisy, our dog, because I adopted her from the SPCA and agreed to care for her and of course, because I love her and treasure her.  I am also responsible as a teacher to provide you with help and encourage you and teach you about Drama and Art and be a positive role model as a lifelong learner.  Those are just some of my responsibilities.  I feel like I have a responsibility to my community and my country as well.

Warm-up:
Drama 9/10:  Play the mirror exercise with yourself.  Change your facial expression in the mirror.  Do you believe your expressions?
Theatre Production 11:  Decide which period in theatre history you will focus on.  Let me know by Friday.  (If you change your mind after you tell me, just let me know.)
Art 8:  What's your favourite smell?  Try to draw it in your sketch book.  (You can draw what makes the smell or just how you feel about the smell!  Nothing you draw is wrong!)

Lesson:
Drama 9/10:  Your third heritage story performance is due today!  Some of you have not contacted your group or contributed to the performance!  This is one of your responsibilities!  If you have not contacted your group, you will likely have been left out of the plans for the performance.  It is your responsibility to come up with something you can do on your own or with another person.  (I have tried to help people contact the members of their group, but I have also told them that they are not responsible for you.  If you are not actively reaching out, I have told them to go ahead without you.)

I will be contacting parents this week to update them on what is going on in class.  Don't be surprised if your parents ask you what you are doing in Drama.  Don't disappoint them by saying you don't know.

Art 8:  Work on "Something Happened".


This is a sketch I made of a scene from "Antony and Cleopatra".  Cleopatra is about to go into a sea battle with Augustus Caesar.  She has the advantage, because she has more ships, but for some reason, she becomes cowardly and calls her ships away.  Through her cowardice, Marc Antony, who is her ally, loses his reputation and is humiliated.  Here is a quote about the scene:
I' th' midst of the fight,
When vantage like a pair of twins appeared
Both as the same, or rather ours the elder,
The breeze upon her, like a cow in June
Hoists sails and flees.
(Act 3, scene 10)

Theatre Production 11:  Hand in your prop project.  Be prepared to talk about it on Friday when we have our Zoom meeting.
Work on the Theatre History project I described yesterday.

Zoom meetings:
C Block -- today at 12:30
B Block -- tomorrow at 12:30
Be sure to attend!  Be ready to tell your 5 item story!

Another responsibility is to attend Zoom meetings.  At today's and tomorrow's, I will ask random people to tell their story about their five items.  (This is the warm-up from yesterday.)  Be ready to tell your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment