Monday 25 May 2020

Due Dates!

Question of the Day:  Imagine the phone rings.  How do you feel?  (I hate the phone, so I always think "who's calling?")  Who do you wish was calling?  (I always hope it's my sister because I love talking to her!)

Warm-up:
Art 8 and Theatre Production 11:  Colour is another of the elements of art (like line, texture and value.)
Read through the Colour Theory worksheet (this is the link -- https://lfhs.lfcisd.net/UserFiles/Servers/Server_904/File/ECCastillo/Color%20Theory%20Worksheet.pdf
You don't need to answer the questions at the end, but if you like, see if you can.  What do you think of the descriptions of the colours' emotional impacts?  (For example, "Blue is a masculine colour".  Really?)

Drama 9/10:  This is a vocal warmup from a website called Vocal Exercises for Actors.   Actors always want to be able to improve their voices.  The voice is one of the actor's most important assets.

Lion- Mouse Technique
This vocal exercise for actors is like cardio is for athletes. It will stretch out all the necessary muscles that are involved in speech. Many actors like to do this in front of a mirror. If you are new to these exercises, you should use mirror.
Exercise TechniqueFirst, stretch your mouth wide open. Try to stretch it as wide as possible. It would be like you are imitating Lion’s roar. Then immediately scrunch your face muscles just like a rat. Keep switching it for 10-12 times.
Stretch your tongue
Stretching your tongue out will remove any tension from your tongue. And while stretching your tongue, you will also stretch out your jaw muscles.
Exercise Techniques: Try to pull your tongue as far as you can. Then try to reach your chin, then try to touch your nose tip and then try to reach your left and right year. Repeat this movement few times until you feel your tongue and jaws tension free.
Lesson:  Art 8:  Today, "Something Happened" is due.  Tomorrow, we are going to start with painting.
Drama 9/10:  Work on the monologue.  Try to figure out what the character is like.  I will send feedback on your heritage stories.  If you haven't finished that yet, get it done!
Theatre Production 11:  Work on your theatre history project.



2 comments:

  1. My landline phone has always been a source of minor terror for me because when it rings, it sounds like a house alarm went off. It's one of those new-old things with the tiny volume ranges (as in, it can either be loud, or louder). I'm not sure if I want anyone calling me, but I can make exceptions for old elementary friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still keep in touch with one of my elementary school friends. She is my OLDEST friend (in age and in longevity). She is one of these people who keeps in touch with everyone! She is always mentioning kids we went to school with (this would be fifty years ago now) and asking if I remember them. Most of the time, I don't.

    ReplyDelete