Friday 22 May 2020

Something Happened

I am really enjoying all the great stories from your heritage project.  I know that a group project is really hard in these days of social distancing and I really appreciate those of you who kept working away to get it done.  If this continues for a long time, I'll bet artists will start thinking of all sorts of creative ways to use things like Zoom and one of those artists might be YOU!

For those of you in Art 8, here is another example of a style you might use for your "Something Happened" drawing:


I tried to use texture with the coins, the footsteps, the hair on the figure, the wood and paper on the signs.  I used line for the lettering and the broken line of the footsteps.  For value, I shaded the X and the curled paper.  I started drawing this style of cartoon figure when I was in grade six.  I call him a "sturgeom".  My best friend at the time told me her father's name was "Stirling" and I thought she'd said "Sturgeom" and that's where that strange name came from!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment