Sunday 19 April 2020

a day of reckoning is at hand . . .

Here is your lesson for April 20, 2020:

important note:  Have you done all your journals?  Did you recite your Shakespeare passage?
Catch up by Wednesday!  Report cards are due and usually I nag you in person about getting things done, but this time, I can't!  You need to look back at the blogs and do any journals you've missed.  A couple of you did not recite "Speak the speech".  You can recite it for me on Zoom (I can arrange it since we are now allowed to use it) or you can record yourself saying it and send it to me by email.

Question of the day (optional, but I'm really enjoying those of you who answer!):  Imagine you have to evacuate your home.  You can bring your backpack only.  What would you bring in the backpack?  (You have to walk, so it shouldn't be too heavy.)  I would bring a change of clothing, a bottle of water, the book I'm reading and a backup (so Jane Eyre and then The Blue Castle), my phone, some fruit, a notebook and pen, soap, my toothbrush, a photo of my sons and my husband and a sleeping bag.  And of course, I would have to hope that Daisy could walk with us (she wouldn't fit in the backpack.)

Warm-up:  Do it, but you don't need to report on it to me, unless you want to.  Find this clip on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxDwaGwi2Q .  It is a little dance routine to the song "Jailhouse Rock".  Follow the guy's instructions and have fun with it!  It is a physical warmup and dancing is energizing!

Lesson:    You should have sent me your pitch for your 2 minute film set in the present day times of the coronavirus.  Now you need to work out the details of the plot.  Where does it take place?  Who are the characters?  (Make sure they have names.)  What happens in the movie?  (Try to plot this step by step.)  What music will you use?

Remember we will try to meet on Zoom on Thursday.  Look at the previous blog post to see when your class will meet.  Make sure I have your email address so I can invite you.  We will check in, take attendance, talk about report cards and your films and I will answer any questions you might have.  I'm looking forward to seeing your shining faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment