Sunday 5 April 2020

Back to school!

Hi everybody,

Several of you are asking me whether you "have" to do these assignments or not.  We will be having a staff meeting this afternoon and I will ask that very question.  At this point, many of you have heard that if you were in a position to move to the next grade or to graduate, the ministry would promote you or allow you to graduate, but we have not been told anything about what that looks like as far as continuing your studies and our role as your teachers.

I urge you to at least watch the two movies I've listed here -- "The Gold Rush" and "The General".  They are great movies and worth your while.  Think about the questions I've given with regard to both movies.

I did suggest in my first post when we were finished spring break, that you keep a diary.  I think that's a good idea, just to keep track of what you are doing.

For April 6:

Question of the day:
What do you want to accomplish this week?  (Check with yourself on Thursday and see if you were successful.)  My goal is to get in touch with all my students!  (you can help with that by emailing me back or commenting here in the blog)

Warm-up:
Check out the Phoenix choir (on Youtube) singing their COVID19 version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" (they include the lyrics at the side).  Try to sing along.  (This is a vocal warmup.)

Finish watching the two movies.  Send me an email by Wednesday.  Tell me which movie you liked best and explain why.

1 comment:

  1. My goal this week is to establish some kind of routine :) Also, since I've realized you encourage us to comment back on the blog though I haven't seen any comments (so far), I'm making a goal out of commenting on all the posts made this week.
    - ET.W

    ReplyDelete