Monday 6 April 2020

Important info here!

I have some answers to your questions -- mainly the one several of you have asked -- "do I HAVE to do these things?"

You are expected to do NO MORE than three hours a day of school work, but you are expected to do what you are assigned.  The School Board has told us that your term three report card will be delayed, but will be based on the work you did before spring break.  Then, we are expected to produce a final report in June and that will be based on the work you do now!  Which means you DO have to do the assigned work.  (As far as Drama is concerned, I will tell you what you MUST do and what is optional.)

This week, you will be contacted by your teachers at least once.  In the following weeks, you should expect to be contacted twice by each of your teachers.

To help me out, if you are talking to anyone in your drama class (virtually, of course), please mention that they should email me and look at the blog.

I have been happy to see lots of you responding to the two movies I asked you to watch (see previous blogs).  By Wednesday, please send me an email saying which of the two movies you liked the most and say why -- you MUST do this!

Here is your question of the day --  (this is always optional as far as handing it in goes, but I am interested in your answers.)  What is something you're worried about?  Imagine if you told someone your worry -- what would they say?

Warm-up:  Choose an activity (for example, reading a book, going for a walk, making a sandwich).  Do the activity (or mime it).  Every 10 seconds or so, change the adverb that describes how you do the activity.  Go through the alphabet!  (for example, anxiously, bravely, calmly, daringly, excitedly, etc.)  (This is a good warmup for working on your interpretive and creative skills.)  (You should do the warm-ups I assign, but you do not need to report on them to me.  They're for your own benefit as drama students.)

I have been really interested in reading your thoughts about the movies and also any of the other ideas or answers you've sent.  I will respond to each of your emails so you know I received them.

I hope you are all well and not too worried!  We will figure this out, but we have to be patient with ourselves -- it is uncharted territory for all of us.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Back at it with the questions ;)
    I worry that the psychology of worry itself will corrupt the city into an unreasonable one driven by fear (like demanding that all people MUST wear masks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore a mask yesterday to grocery shop. It was very uncomfortable and when I smiled at people encouragingly, I don't think they could tell. But I keep thinking (every time I sneeze or sniffle) that I might have something and not know it! There's the fear part . . . It's so great to have someone commenting here! (and I think I know who you are - you have a distinct writing style.)

    ReplyDelete