Tuesday 21 April 2020

Tuesday's child is full of grace!

Welcome to Tuesday!  It appears we are in for a change in the weather -- it is supposed to rain tonight.  So get outside today so you can breathe the fresh air (unless you like the fresh air in the rain, which is nice, too.)

Here is your lesson for Tuesday:

Question of the day:  When did you learn to ride a bike?  (If you haven't, would you like to?  Now is a great time to try it out, because there are fewer cars on the road!)  Do you remember anything about what it was like to learn?  (I was seven and I felt like I was "too old" to learn, but I don't recall it being too difficult once I decided I was going to do it.  Once I did learn, I would go on long bike rides in my little Saskatchewan town, which is very flat, and I felt so free!  I loved it.)

Warm-up:  This relates to yesterday's question of the day.  A government official has come to your door and told you that you have ten minutes to pack and you must go.  When you say why, the person has already moved on to your neighbour's door.  Mime packing your bag.  Think of how you would pack each item.  This is good for empathy, imagination and miming, of course.

One of you asked how long your detailed plot outline should be.  Here is my answer to him:

  I think at least a page and no longer than two pages.  (I don't care about double spacing or whatever.)  You should start by describing what we would see in the first shot and then tell everything that would happen (and the music we would hear) as the plot unfolds.  If the location changes, that would be important to point out.  If you use a card for dialogue, like they did in the movies we watched, that should appear.  If the character is wearing particular clothes (like the way Buster Keaton wore the uniform at certain points) that should be pointed out.  It is important to include anything that tells me what is happening.

I hope that's clear.

ABOUT ZOOM:  Please read the letter from Ms. Sakata about Zoom before we try it on Thursday.  It is important that your parents are aware that we are going to give it a try.

Mostly importantly, you DO NOT NEED A ZOOM ACCOUNT and the district recommends that you do not sign up for an account for the purposes of our class.

I'm excited about it -- it will be great to be able to touch base and discuss any outstanding issues.  See you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment