Tuesday 7 April 2020

Did you see the super pink moon?




I hope you did because it was pretty huge, but not pink.  (Apparently, they call it a pink moon because there are a lot of pink flowers blooming - except I haven't seen that many pink flowers yet.)

Anyhow,  remember these questions of the day are OPTIONAL.  Lots of you are asking if you HAVE to answer them.  I want you to think about them, but whether you share your answer with me or not is up to you.  Of course, I'm always interested in your answers.  Question of the day:  Do you do anything special to celebrate on the first long weekend of the spring?  (I know there are a lot of important observances around this time of year.)  I used to do an Easter egg hunt for my sons, but they aren't interested in hunting for eggs anymore -- I just put an Easter basket out now for each of them, with candy,  a joke and a gift card for them.  Then we have a nice meal together.

Warm-up:  Take a walk around the block.  Look for signs of spring (my neighbour's tulip tree is in bloom -- it's great!)  Listen to the birds.  Smile at your neighbours.  (This will promote sensory awareness, trust {smiling at your neighbours} and is a bit physical.)

I've been really interested to read your many and varied responses to the two movies.  Lots of you have made me notice things I hadn't before -- thanks.  Make sure you send me your thoughts on which one is your favourite.  This is NOT optional.

If you happen to be in touch with anyone from Drama class, please tell them to check the blog.  I have a lot of people I haven't heard from yet.


2 comments:

  1. My tradition (in the past) is to go to as many stores as possible right after Easter and get candy. I'll have to compensate with gorging myself on carrots this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually we go visit our grandparents, and we celebrate my sister's birthday, make easter bread and decorate pysanky. Sometimes, if they still have snow (which they usually do), we colour the snow with leftover egg dye :)

    ReplyDelete