Friday 17 April 2020

Are we happy it's Friday?

Just a couple of notes:

Some of you have sent me very long pitches.  The idea of a pitch is that it is VERY brief, like 3 sentences or even less.  It is a skill to say what you want succinctly.  If you have given me a long and detailed description of your film, perhaps you can work with that to produce the end result, but you might want to think about how you can give the main idea in only THREE sentences.  It's harder than you think.

Here is my pitch (for the two minute film I would like to make myself):
Each person infected with the coronavirus spreads the disease to about 2.2 people.  Cassie arrives home from a holiday in Italy and takes a taxi to visit her grandmother at Beautiful Vista Care Home.  Nurse Emily rides home on the bus and sits next to her neighbour, Alice, who cuts the hair of Janice Arkos (a high school drama teacher) who is directing her students in their spring production.

I tried to set up my classes in Scholantis -- some of you are probably using it already with other teachers.  I am experimenting with it, but I don't want to shift away from the blog until I feel more sure about what I'm doing with Scholantis.  And some teachers have really been struggling with it. Stay tuned.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment