Friday 12 June 2020

Friday's child is loving and giving!

I don't usually post on Friday, because I know you guys want to have the weekend off.  When I worked in offices (a very long time ago now), Friday at 3 used to be the best time of the week, because it was the very beginning of the weekend of freedom!

But just a couple of bits of info --

Some of you were interested in the Steveston Historical Society vignettes, which unfortunately were cancelled for this summer.  They hope to be able to revive them next summer with a new script, but the lady who coordinates things was wondering if any of you drama students might be interested in a theatre workshop presented by local artists in the theatre.  (They are not able to perform these days, so workshops and Zoom lessons are how they are earning a living!)  The Historical Society would pay for the workshop, so if enough people are interested, I will let her know.  Just send me an email if you think you might want to take part.  They would likely be about the artistic process and acting, directing, writing, stage management (theatre production).  Unfortunately, the workshop would probably be presented on Zoom and I know that is not the best venue, but that is what we have to work with these days.

For my Art 8 students, I thought of an idea for my art installation!  I have decided to call it "Mother Nature" and the idea is that I clear an area in our back yard and I gather a large heap of sticks of different sorts and make a huge nest large enough for a person to sit in it.  If people were to visit my installation (they won't because my yard is rather inaccessible), I would invite them to help build the nest (with the sticks I've provided or with their own contributions) and then they could have a chance to sit in it and feel the breeze blowing and look into the trees and listen to the sounds of the forest (my backyard sits right outside of the forest).  There is a nest of red breasted sapsuckers just outside of my yard in a tall stump that you can see from where "Mother Nature" would be and we hear them cheeping all day from dawn to dusk.  Their parents are so busy going back and forth to find food and then bring it to the nest.  It's inspiring.

Now, everyone have a great weekend.  We have got to keep plugging away until the end of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment