Tuesday 23 June 2020

Look into the future!

Question of the Day:  Your friends tell you about a fortune-teller who really seems to know the future.  You go to her with your friends and the fortune teller looks at you and says, "you may ask me one question."  What do you do?  I don't think I'd ask the question, because I don't want to know and even though I don't really believe that someone could look into the future, I would be affected by it.  If she said that I'd get sick from the coronavirus, then I'd probably develop the symptoms through the power of suggestion.

Today in the New York Times, there was an article about children suffering from "nature deficit disorder".  Because we are staying at home more, some kids are showing signs of anxiety or moodiness or stress.  We already are spending less time in nature than people from the past and now, with the pandemic, it's worse.  But we need time outside -- even if it's just a walk or some time to sit outside on a park bench with that book I suggested you pick out a couple of days ago.  Here's an idea -- if you don't have access to any green space, why not get yourself a nice houseplant?  I'm quite fond of my house plants.  They all have a story.

Want to see a cool short video about how they make wigs and do make-up at the Stratford Festival?  There is a minute and a half video that shows one of the witches from Macbeth getting ready for the show.  It's really fun to see.  Here's the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Xqi9Mki8Gfs

No comments:

Post a Comment