Sunday 14 June 2020

Memories may be beautiful . . . and yet . . .

Question of the Day:  What is the most memorable moment of this school year?  I suppose we will all remember when we heard that we were not going back to school.  That is a hard one.  I guess I will remember "As You Like It" because it is such a wonderful play and I was very pleased with it even though it was very hard to put together.  In the end, it was as beautiful as I had imagined.

Warm-up (everyone):  Put on Satie's Gymnopedie #1 and do all the yoga positions we did in the lockdown -- child's pose, downward dog and the tree pose.   Remember to keep breathing the whole time and go slowly.  This is good for relaxation and it's physical, too.

Lesson:  
Theatre Production 11:  Finish up your theatre history project.  Plan what you will say when you present it.  I'd like to post your ten fun facts and a picture of your model and costume on the blog.  Do you think we could meet on Thursday at 1 just to finish this up?

Drama 9/10:  Practice your Shakespeare scenes.  I will send the class an email saying who will be partners.

Art 8:  Work on your art installation.  I gave you a few examples on the blog, but here is another one.  Someone in my neighbourhood (and maybe yours, too) has left painted rocks all over -- at the mailbox, on the corner, at the dog park, etc. -- and they have slogans painted on them -- like "use this time wisely" or "social distancing rocks".  That's an art installation.

It is time to catch up for those of you who have fallen behind!  I have sent out academic alerts, so you can check there to see what you might be missing.  Check the blog, too.  Drama 9/10 -- some of you have not done the monologue or the questions about your role play character.  Art students, make sure you've done both the landscape and the still life and the plant you mounted on a background.

This is my week to do report cards, so you want to catch up fast!  Check the blog before you ask me for a list!

No comments:

Post a Comment