Wednesday 17 June 2020

Make up your mind, Nurse!

Question of the Day:  What is your favourite word or saying?  The title of the blog today is a line my sister and I always say to each other when we can't make a decision.  It is the title of a romance novel that my mom read (not to us) when we were kids.  We just thought the title was so silly.

Warm-up:
Theatre Production and Drama:  Do you know what the following words or phrases mean?  I had to look up three of them.  They appeared in a novel I'm reading.  The others are words that either don't sound like what they are or words I like to use:
crepuscular
pulchritude
febrile
inchoate
obstreperous
loquacious
ingenuous
taciturn
avuncular
elles sont partout

If you don't know what they mean, look them up!  Try and use them in a sentence.

Art 8:  
Create a crepuscular (see above) scene in your sketch book!  Bring it to our Zoom meeting at 12:30 on Thursday.  Everyone should attend!  It is the last one.

Lesson:
Drama 9/10 (A Block):  Send me a plot idea for a play you could present entirely on Zoom.  It's a pitch -- make it one sentence.

Drama 9/10 (B Block):  Memorize your Shakespeare scene!  You want to use good diction and lots of expression when you present it.

Art 8:  Work on your art installation.

Theatre Production 11:   Present your theatre history project (you can record it or we can set up a Zoom.)

I have posted marks for report cards, but they are subject to change.  I have to be in the school tomorrow morning and will work on the marks then.  I have to have them submitted by Friday at 3.

3 comments:

  1. "Nothing is as nothing does." I don't remember who said it, but it's been a strange, nonsensical word of advice I've always liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shakespeare said, (in King Lear), "nothing will come of nothing". Not quite what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! Thanks very much. I shall go check that out.

    ReplyDelete