Wednesday 10 June 2020

When you grow up!

Question of the Day:  What will you be like when you are thirty?  (Not your job, but your personality.)  When I was thirty, I was still hopeful that I would make it as an actor and was working toward that goal.  I had met my husband but we were "just friends" at that point.  I was quite shy and not super confident, but I was also very opinionated (I had learned to say what I think at my parents' knees).  I wasn't interested in becoming rich, but I did want to read everything and be really smart and live in Toronto and have lots of intellectual friends.  I was pretty optimistic.  I have always enjoyed my own company.

Warm-up:
Everyone:  Play some music (your choice).  Try to move with the music, making different shapes with your body.  This is physical and gets you to think of three-dimensional pictures.

Lesson:
Drama 9/10:  The Shakespeare scenes are posted on the blog on June 3.  Memorize one scene and be ready to perform at the next Zoom.  Be sure you know what is happening in the scene.  Make it dramatic.

Art 8:  Have your picture exploring form and space to show at the Zoom meeting at 12:30.

Theatre Production 11:
Find out about an important actor from your period in theatre history -- what do we know about the person?  (at least three things)
Example:  Richard Burbage was one of the greatest of Shakespeare's actors.  He played Hamlet, Othello, Richard III and many other iconic characters at the Globe Theatre where many of Shakespeare's plays were first performed.  He was best in tragic roles.  He was also a painter and may have painted the famous Chandos portrait of Shakespeare.  His gravestone said "exit Burbage".

Zoom meeting today (Thursday):  12:30 p.m. -- C Block
Zoom meeting tomorrow (Friday):  12:30 p.m. -- B Block

No comments:

Post a Comment