Wednesday 3 June 2020

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. (Emily Dickinson)

Question of the day:  What are you hopeful about?

Warm-up:  
Drama 9/10; Theatre Production 11:
Keep trying to internalize your character.  Throughout the day, imagine what your character would do?  If she was looking through Netflix to choose a show which one would she watch (not you, your character).
Imagine a text your character would send to their parents to tell them you have to stay late at school.  Send the text to me (not as a text, as an email).  Actually do this.

Warm-up:
Art 8:  Still Life
Still Life means you have something to paint that isn't moving around or changing.  Find something that doesn't move (some fruit, flowers, a plant, some cloth).  Arrange it nicely and make a painting out of it.

Examples:
https://images.app.goo.gl/DwkJ7pSNaiSYd6Zm9
https://images.app.goo.gl/VzkFFBaQbTvnJvL67
Paul Cezanne and A.Y. Jackson

Lesson:
Art 8:  Work on your landscape or your still life.  (Remember, you shouldn't be doing more than 3 hours of school work TOTAL in the day, so give yourself time.)
Theatre Production 11:  Theatre History Project
Drama 9/10:
Read the following scenes.  What's happening?


Shakespeare Scenes – Grade 9

Macbeth

M:  I have done the deed.
            Didst thou not hear a noise?

LM:  I heard the owl scream and the cricket cry.
            Did not you speak?

M:  When?

LM:  Now.

M:  As I descended?

LM:  Aye.

M:  Hark!   Who lies in the second chamber?

LM:  Donalbain.

M:  This is a sorry sight.

LM:  A foolish thought to say a sorry sight.


Hamlet
B:  Who’s there?

F:  Nay, answer me.  Stand and unfold yourself.

B:  Long live the king!

F:  Bernardo?

B:  He.

F:  You come most carefully on your hour.

B:  ‘Tis now struck twelve;  get thee to bed, Francisco.

F:  For this relief, much thanks.  ‘Tis bitter cold and I am sick at heart.

B:  Have you had quiet guard?

F:  Not a mouse stirring.


Romeo and Juliet

S:  Do you bite your thumb at us, Sir?

A:  I do bite my thumb, sir.

S:  Do you bite your thumb at us, Sir?

A:  No, Sir.  I do not bite my thumb at you, Sir, but I bite my thumb, Sir.

S:  Do you quarrel, Sir?

A:  Quarrel, Sir.  No, Sir.

S:  If you do, Sir, I am for you.  I serve as good a man as you.

A:  No better.

S:  Yes, better, Sir.

A:  You lie.


S:  Draw if you be a man.

Shakespeare Scenes – Grade 10

Hamlet

Ophelia:          My lord, I have remembrances of yours,
                        That I have long long’d to redeliver;
                        I pray you now, receive them.

Hamlet:           No, no.  I never gave you aught.

Ophelia:          My honour’d lord, you know right well you did;
                        And, with them, words of so sweet breath compos’d
                        As made the things more rich:  their perfume lost,
                        Take these again; for to the noble mind
                        Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind.
                        (she gives him the gifts he gave her)  There, my lord.

Hamlet:           Ha, ha!  Are you honest?

Ophelia:          My lord?

Hamlet:           Are you fair?

Ophelia:          What means your lordship?

Hamlet:           That if you be honest and fair, your honesty should admit no discourse to your beauty.  (He looks at her with suspicion.) . . . I did love you once.

Ophelia:          Indeed, my lord, you made me believe so.

Hamlet:           You should not have believed me . . . I lov’d you not.


Othello:

Iago:                My noble lord—

Othello:           What dost thou say, Iago?

Iago:                Did Michael Cassio, when you woo’d my lady,
                        Know of your love?

Othello:           He did, from first to last:  why does thou ask?

Iago:                But for a satisfaction of my thought;
                        No further harm.

Othello:           Why of thy thought, Iago?

Iago:                I did not think he had been acquainted with her.

Othello:           Oh yes, and went between us very oft.

Iago:                Indeed!

Othello:           Indeed!  Ay, indeed; -- discerns’t thou aught in that?
                        Is he not honest?

Iago:                Honest, my lord?

Othello:           Honest!  Ay, honest!

Iago:                My lord, for aught I know.

Othello:           What dost thou think?

Iago:                Think, my lord?

Othello:           Think, my lord.  By heaven he echoes me.  . . . If thou dost love me,
                        Show me thy thought.

Iago:                My lord, you know I love you.

Othello:           I think thou dost.

Iago:                For Michael Cassio,
                        I dare be sworn I think that he is honest.

Othello:           I think so too.

Iago:                Men should be what they seem.


           
            


No comments:

Post a Comment