Sunday 7 June 2020

Lesson for June 8, 2020

Question of the Day:  This is Water Safety Week.  Can you swim?  If not, does it worry you?  If yes, how did you learn?  Do you like boats?  Describe a time you went on a boat.  I can swim but not well.  I took swimming lessons and failed but a couple of weeks after the failure, I figured it out but I am not a strong swimmer at all.  Once when I was in Greece, we went on a boat tour of Santorini (a beautiful place) and at one spot, they stopped outside a hot spring and said we had to swim in -- the boat was too big to maneuver into the narrow channel.  I jumped into the water, but then realized I couldn't swim all the way and got back in the boat.  I was a bit cheesed at myself for not being able to go.

Warm-up:  
Art 8:  Make a picture that explores a metaphor.  It can be realistic or abstract (many of you noticed that the Rothko painting I showed you when we started Art was expressing an emotion).  It can be a watercolour painting or can use other colours or can be a pencil drawing or a collage with pictures cut out of magazines or copied from websites or different colours of paper glued on a page.  Or it can be a photograph of something!  (Tell me the metaphor.)  Send me the picture by Wednesday.

Here is mine.  I found a photo in a magazine and tried to copy it.  I'm calling it "Aspirations".


Drama 9/10, Theatre Production 11:
Make sure you are figuring out your character (the list is posted on the blog on June 1 -- your character's name is with your class and starts with the same letter as your first name.  There are questions to answer about the character on the blog the next day.)

Answer the question of the day AS YOUR CHARACTER.  Send me your answer.

If I answered as my character, I would say, "uh, well, who wants to know if I can swim?  Uh, okay, I can swim very well.  Very quickly, so don't try to get away if I have to chase you.  Ha ha.  I'm just kidding!  No reason I'd have to chase you, right?  Haha!  But of course, I can swim.  I've been on lots of boats.  I did some training-- uh, well, I was in cadets, of course.  Uh, sea cadets.  Nothing strange about that, is there?"

Lesson:
Art 8:  Your landscape and still life are due.
Drama 9/10:  Let me know which scene you've chosen.  Start learning the lines by saying them out loud.  Learn both parts.
Theatre Production 11:  You should have finished the ten fun facts and be nearly finished your recreation of the theatre.  You need to start working on the costume part.


No comments:

Post a Comment