Thursday 18 June 2020

Our revels are nearly ended!

"Crepuscular landscape" by Charley N.  Wow!


Question of the Day:  What is the most recent accident you've experienced?  Today (Thursday) I was working at school and Ms. Ng had given me my printed copy of report cards to work on (I'm still working on them and will be until the end of Friday.)  I was looking over my shoulder as I walked and talking and joking with her and I turned and smashed my face into one of the big wooden pillars in the Williams lounge!  I was stunned for a few seconds and then realized my nose was bleeding (I have NEVER had a nose bleed before) and my lip was bleeding and swelling up!  They got me an ice pack and luckily my nose isn't broken, but my lip is swollen and sore and my nose will likely be bruised.

Warm-up:
Everyone:  Think of doing something nice for someone today.  Maybe offer to wash the dishes after dinner, if you usually don't.  Maybe ask your younger sibling if they want to play a board game with you.  Offer to mow the neighbour's grass.  Say thank you sincerely to your parents.  Send a positive message to a friend.  Apologize to someone if you've hurt their feelings.  Call up somebody you think might be lonesome.  It doesn't have to be a big thing.  It can be as simple as taking your dog for a walk.  (I do that twice a day and I know Daisy appreciates it.)

Lesson:
B Block Drama 9/10:  You will perform your Shakespeare scenes tomorrow.  You need to memorize the scene!  You need to know what it's about and be able to act it.  Obviously, you won't be able to have a sword fight or dark battlements to patrol, but use your facial expressions and try to set a mood!  I will give you one run through rehearsal and then you will perform the scene.  You owe it to your partner to be ready and do a good job!

Theatre Production:  I am waiting for your finished theatre history projects.  Be ready to tell the class the time period you chose, the name of the playwright and at least two "fun facts".

Our Zoom might take a bit longer with the scenes, so be prepared to stay for an hour!

Art 8:  Your art installations are due!

Drama 9/10 A and B Blocks!  Make sure you've handed in everything!  Your role play questions, your monologue, etc.!  (Even your silent film, ahem, you know who you are!)

Last blog (of this crazy school year) tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment